Monday, February 28, 2011

5) Meaning behind my blogger name

When I was little I watched Winnie the Pooh, mainly for Tigger and Rabbit and Kanga.  The bear who ate honey constantly was a little too selfish for me; he never wanted to share.  There was one episode in particular where Rabbit finds a sick little bird named Cassie that he then nurses back to health.  As Cassie was already the abbreviated form of my fairly long name, I was pretty excited by this.

This isn't the original appearance of the character, but apparently it is so old that its impossible to find now.  

Anywho, my nickname from that point on was Cassie Bird.  I still remember watching that show and rabbit caring for the sick little bird with the broken wing.  Hanging on to these little memories still makes me super nostalgic, but its fun to reminisce.  

As for the actual title of my blog:  I'm opinionated and aware of it.  This is my little nod to the fact that I know I'm not always right, but I'm doing the best I can with the world perspective that I have.  I can only deal with the world as I see things and hope to understand other peoples' perspectives too.


1 comment:

  1. I can still remember hearing your mom calling you cassie bird when you were a wee cassie. sigh, memories :)

    ReplyDelete