Wednesday, March 2, 2011

17) Worst Hair Moment

I truly wish I could forget this moment...although I'm not sure I've ever seen a picture of the carnage.  When I was younger, maybe 10 at the oldest, I had bangs.  After this happened, I grew them out and have not had bangs since.

Around the christmas holiday season, we had a family gathering where I would see all of my extended family.  I was really excited for it, but mostly for the white elephant gift exchange game we always played. I was about a month overdue for a trim on my bangs and had been whining at my mom about it for weeks to no avail.  They were constantly blocking my vision and poking my eyes, I had enough.  We were all getting ready for the family christmas party when I decided I couldn't take it anymore and would be taking matters into my own hands.  Since all of the bathrooms were taken, I chose the next most reflective surface I could, the metallic accent on our oven, grabbed a pair of scissors, and went to work.  This in itself would not have been a bad idea, had the reflective surface actually been flat, but it was not actually a mirror, just a metal handle so it was slightly curvy.  I clipped and clipped, stopping occasionally to admire my progress.  When I was done, I waited for a bathroom mirror to enjoy my work in a large reflective surface...only to find that I had effectively clipped a large rainbow into my hair.  Needless to say, I was extremely upset.  But I still had to go to our family event; I cried and avoided photos as best I could the whole time.  To this day I'm not sure whether or not a photo of me in this state exists, but family members reading this will provide me with one, if it exists, I'm sure.

So that's it. Definitively my worst hair moment.  It was deeply embarrassing, but now looking back on it I can have a good laugh about my impatience.

Have you ever done something embarrassing that you laugh about now?

2 comments:

  1. um...I think I may actually have a picture of this....I will check

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you remember rainbow bangs?!? I would love to see a picture! definitely keep me posted if you find it!

    ReplyDelete