Sunday, March 6, 2011

7) A photo of me without makeup and 23) Thing I least like about myself

Most of the time I don't wear makeup.  I don't have time most days, so I'm used to being slightly blotchy, etc.  Pictures are not always my best friends, especially with most of my friends owning HD cameras.  However, soft lighting from my computer screen and a low quality camera really make me look good, even though this picture was taken right after a pretty intense surgery.
This was taken at midnight on my 21st birthday.  I was talking to my boyfriend on ichat and was finally pleased with what I saw.

I'm usually very self-conscious, especially about my very sensitive skin and the mole I have on the right side of my nose, but after surgery these things seemed so little in comparison to my fresh wound.  As time passed, my scar has healed and every time Anthony catches me looking at my neck in the mirror, he hugs me tight and tells me not to care; one line could never change someone's opinion of me.  Its true, most people don't even notice the scar now.  Surface flaws aren't something I dwell on anymore.

What do you notice about yourself that others don't see?  Tell me how you see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment