Sunday, March 13, 2011

Puppy

I've been really wanting a big dog puppy for quite a long time.  I miss all the big dogs I grew up with and strongly feel that bigger breeds make the best family pets.  As a little kid I had boxer mix (Bailey), when Bailey died, my mom and dad took my sister and I to look at puppies.  We fell in love with Daisy and Beth.  They were from the same litter and their siblings were many and varying in size and shape. They grew to about 60 pounds each and were fairly well trained smart dogs.  We had them right up to the end of High School, but at a fairly tumultuous point of my development, my parents were separated and Beth passed away from complications due to her long fight with diabetes.  She was collapsed in the hallway and I pulled her up on my lap as her breath became uneven, my sister told me, "say goodbye Cassie" in the tenderest way and we sat on the floor petting her, comforting her until she was gone.  It was extremely hard, but I realized at that moment that she had been a very good friend and companion.  As my school schedule becomes less strenuous next quarter and Work starts no earlier than 10 am, I am at a place where I have the time to care for and train a puppy to be my friend, especially since I have Anthony to back me up and help with training and care.  I'm very excited for our new addition.  Her name is Olive and she was born the day before my birthday, December 26th.  Making her 3 months on the 26th of March.  She went to the vet this morning and started her puppy shots.  Puppies really do make the world around, but that's just how I see it.  What is your favorite pet/ companion?

1 comment: