Saturday, February 5, 2011

F*&% the Super Bowl, I'm watching the Puppy Bowl!

I know, I know, the Super Bowl is kind of a big deal.  Honestly though, the only thing I enjoy about the Super Bowl is the funny commercials that come with it.  Maybe this aversion stems from my family screaming at the television during many games in my youth.

My favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday is on a network completely unrelated to football.  Animal Planet features a "football game" of puppies with a kitten halftime show starting at 3pm on the day of the big game.  Not only is this super relaxing and entertaining, it is done to raise awareness of adoption.  Good deal?  I think so.  If your friends plan on watching the game tomorrow, I strongly suggest skipping the pre-game show in favor of the Puppy Bowl.  Your team may lose, but at least you will get to enjoy cute fluffy animals playing, running, and getting confused about what to do with a water bowl...Animal lovers rejoice because this is about the cutest thing you will ever see.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/puppy-bowl/

Aaaaaaaand I almost forgot to mention the best part, the ref is hilarious... he seems very uninvolved with his referee duties and I often suspected he is either on cold meds or some other "medication".  This makes for quite a funny show throughout, as he sometimes has to call penalties on the furry competitors. Overall I must strongly recommend you work this show into your lineup for game day...

I promise, it will be worth it!

What is your favorite part of the Super Bowl?  Tell me how you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment