Sunday, February 13, 2011

School, Work, School, Work, Film Set, Rinse and Repeat

So lately I have alot on my plate and I am starting to really wish this quarter would hurry up and be over already!  Here is my schedule for a week
Monday: Film 120 Section(a paper is due every section), Work until next class, Film 132 international cinema, read for Anth 194h
Tuesday: Work until class in afternoon, Film 120, read for Anth 194h, summarize all articles read this week for Anth 194h, rewrite Mock NSF for Anth 194h (a new draft is due every week), Film Club Meeting
Wednesday:Work until class in afternoon, Film 132 international cinema(this class overlaps with my senior sem anth class by 45 minutes so I cut out early to make senior sem), Anth 194h until 8pm
Thursday: Film 132 Section, work until next class, Film 120, work until 9pm
Friday: If I'm lucky this is my recoop day because the weekend is spent filming and preparing to film portions of FPC's feature film...So far this has actually panned out to be my recoop day once.  Luckily our shoots have been really well directed, assistant directed, and shot, so I've been fairly free to get work done on the weekends as I need to.

Unfortunately, the past few weeks, all three of my classes have had papers due one day after the other so it has been rather hellish doing this much writing.  My advisors warned me that taking this many writing intensive classes would be tough.  They were write, this many classes, plus work, plus film is alot.  BUT THERE IS HOPE!!!!!  It is already week 7 of 10...I'm in the home stretch, I can see the finish line, after these three classes its gravy until June.  I'm going to graduate on time, with a major and a minor.  Its an overwhelming sense of accomplishment, but until week 10 is over I have to buckle-down and really focus so that I finish this as strong as I started it.  That's how I pull through week after stressful week.  Keep your eye on the prize and always know your goal is in sight!

What keeps you going through stressful weeks?  Tell me how you see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment