Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's been a long, long time...

Well hello out there!

 It's been ages since I've written a thing and for that, I apologize.  I have been insanely busy though, and life got a bit hectic there for a while.  I am happy to report that I finally have things under control.

By under control, I mean that in the past 2 years I have made enormous changes in myself and the direction of my future.  There was a period of complete unsureness (yes, I am making that a word as of right now).  I feel as though I have gone through a loooong tunnel and come out on the other side to a landscape which I recognize so fully that I am more confident in myself than I ever have been before.  Seeing the future is absolutely grand, and by that I don't mean that I am psychic or something, but rather that I can see a penciled sketch of my future drawn out in front of me.  The vague idea that I know where I am going is the most fantastic feeling and a real adrenaline rush.

So for those of you only slightly aware of me as an actual person instead of a blogger, here are the changes that have occurred since my last post in 2011:
-I moved home to my mom's house and became single.
-I started looking for jobs where I would actually have health insurance and could make enough money to pay off my student  loans.
-I made a habit of walking my dog before my looong drive to Santa Cruz everyday.
-I had several dismal and disappointing interviews.
-I went for a motorcycle ride and found the man that I would, eventually, fall in love with.
-I had a few more promising interviews.
-I landed a job as an administrative assistant for a land developer in Santa Clara.
-My commute went from an hour to half an hour each way.
-I got health benefits!!!!!!
-My boyfriend and I found a house to rent in Sunnyvale with Cooper and BJ. (These pseudonyms will come up over and over as I blog again I am sure, so you will become more familiar with the guys behind the fun names, as I have)
-I floated through several months of financial stability going on camping trips on weekends, riding around on the back of a motorcycle, and generally living life more fully and happily.
-I got a promotion!  Woo Development!
-I pulled my back out again... I was bed-ridden for a week >:-(
-Ryan proposed!

Ok, that was a few too many exclamation points at the end there, but that's how I feel about it all.  It's as though I am manic all the time.  This extreme rush of joy takes over when I think about the state of things and look back at how I got here.  That is the super duper condensed version and I have so very much more to share.  I've been writing a script and taking mapping classes.  I'm going to try not to get ahead of myself here; there is a whole lifetime to share the details of what I'm currently and recently up to.  Things are looking way up like never-ending-elevator-to-the-sky up!

And now I'll just occasionally blog as if you all know everything about me.

<3
Cassiebird
Let me know what you've been up to, life changing, or not, I'd love to hear about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment