Thursday, November 14, 2013

Getting Engaged!

On September 22nd, 2013 I got engaged.  Here are the details:

  Highway 9 is special for us.  After our 5 year sabbatical of interacting with the each other, the first thing we did was go for a motorcycle ride on Highway 9.  Vista points are always the perfect place to stop and stretch our legs during a long ride and we have used the very one where Ryan popped the question on many rides.

       So it only made sense that Ryan would ask such an important question on a road we travel together so much.  He had it all planned out, we would camp at Sanborn park for the weekend, on Saturday evening we would picnic at our favorite vista spot and he would ask me a question he already knew the answer to.  

At the Highway 9 vista point, moments before Ryan proposed.


        The weather and my back (recovering from a recent injury) had other ideas and we ended up leaving Sanborn park Saturday morning after an epic night of rainfall.  We packed up just in time to avoid being drenched as the rain started again and Ryan had to scratch his sunset proposal idea, as the rain continued all day long.  

         Sunday morning was beautiful and we went to the Campbell farmers market for picnic foods.  Since the weather was so nice we went for a drive up Highway 9, had our picnic at the vista point and walked out on the trail where I took the picture above.  Then Ryan surprised me more than anyone ever has before, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  After I came out of my speechless stupor, I said YES!  And here we are planning our lives together.  

         A long and complicated story, I know, but all good things take time!

No comments:

Post a Comment