Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Busy once again...

I just received a notice in my email box that I had a new comment on one of my posts and realized I have completely been neglecting my blog.  Time has gotten away from me lately; work has been hectic, we've nearly finished shooting Paranormals, and I have managed to injure my back to add complication to everything else.

My schedule started to get hectic when one of the stores I work at was flooded in Capitola Village.  Not only did that turn schedules upside down, it presented the dilemma of how do we sell things there while construction occurs to replace all of the damaged flooring and walls.  Well the mayor of Capitola had a tent set up and that has been the solution for the time being.  While carrying one of the many boxes of jewelry from my car to the tent, as we do every morning to make sure our jewelry is safe overnight, I managed to bend over too far while trying to lift and voila, pulled a muscle in my back.  I missed a week of work and school laying in bed, as the doctor told me laying down and icing my muscle would help me recover faster.  It was an absolutely torturous time to do absolutely nothing, I used to think how glorious it would be, but no...it's insanely boring and made me kind of crazy to be honest.  I thought of all the things I needed to do and literally couldn't move to do.  Driving is apparently the worst posture for your back when injured and the break from sitting in the car actually did make a difference I think because I am starting to feel improvement.  However, since returning to school and work, my muscles continue to seize up every now and then as I'm walking around and I end up frozen in my tracks till it passes.

In other news: I am nearly a college graduate!  Holy C*&^, I'm actually almost done.  When I think about being done, its panicking, where do I go from here and will I be able to accomplish what I want to accomplish.  We'll see what the end of the school year brings.  Is anyone else busy and crazy right now? Any good tips for relieving my lower back pain?

1 comment:

  1. Sadly I know EXACTLY what you mean re: lower back pain. OOF.
    I find that it hurts when I do anything with an impact (running) and crossing my legs can make it twinge a bit and rainy weather is no good for it either.But as far as helping it? YOGA. Oh man that has been the answer to my pain.

    P.S. I can't wait to see you graduate!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete